What is Suttons Auto Protection?The Suttons Auto Protection Plan provides you with added protection AFTER the Dealership's Statutory Warranty has expired and helps protect the value of your Vehicle through consistent, regular servicing. Suttons will provide Fixed Price Servicing, setting the price for the minimum service schedule required to maintain this Auto Protection Plan.
- Quality repairs are performed by qualified technicians with the latest technology and equipment.
- You are dealing with a reputable Dealership group that you know and can trust.
- Customer satisfaction is the aim of the Suttons Auto Protection Plan.
- Easy to claim - simply call a Suttons service centre.
- At claim time, you have the reassurance that is provided by our determination to retain you as a client when you next purchase a car.
- Free parts and labour repairs anywhere in Australia*.
Period of CoverThe conditions of the Contract commence at the Delivery Date and the benefits commence on the later to occur of either the Delivery Date or the expiry of the Dealership's Statutory Warranty.
The Contract will cease upon expiry of either the period of time, or the distance travelled, whichever occurs first, as indicated in the box under the "TERM OF CONTRACT" shown on the Customer Contract Page in the Warranty booklet that was issued to you.
What Do I Need To Do?To ensure the longevity and safety of your Vehicle it is very important that you maintain its mechanical standard.
It is a condition of this Auto Protection Plan that ONLY Suttons service centres service your Vehicle.
You will benefit from The Suttons Auto Protection Plan if your Vehicle is serviced ONLY by us until the expiry of your plan.
Upon commencement of The Suttons Auto Protection Plan, you will enjoy the Suttons six month or 10,000 km (whichever occurs first) Fixed Price service plan.
It is your responsibility to ensure these services are performed and that the service details are recorded correctly on your Auto Protection Plan documents.
Failure to do so will void the Auto Protection Plan without further notice.
It is your responsibility to check coolant and oil levels on a regular basis.
Suttons will not be responsible for any failure due to lack of appropriate oil or coolant.
Limits of Liability
Limits of liability of this Auto Protection Plan shall be those indicated
"LIMITS OF LIABILITY" shown on the Customer Contract Page of your warranty
The type of Auto Protection Plan that your Vehicle is covered by is specified next to "Auto Protection Type" on the Customer Contract Page.
- If the Vehicle is drivable, bring it to a SUTTONS service centre.
- One of our customer service representatives will then contact the Auto Protection Plan Administrator for verification of cover.
- Your Auto Protection Plan booklet must be presented, with up-to-date servicing records, when booking your Vehicle for repairs.
- If the Vehicle is undriveable, or if to drive it could cause further damage, it is YOUR responsibility to have the Vehicle towed to a SUTTONS service centre.
- Suttons will not be responsible for any repairs or replacements carried out by persons other than our staff.
- If a failure occurs outside a 50km radius from a SUTTONS service centre, please contact your Suttons Dealership to obtain an order number and/or work authority, before commencing repairs.
- Repairs can only be performed by an approved Licensed Motor Vehicle repairer.
- Only if this is done correctly will you (or the repairer) be reimbursed.
Fixed Price Servicing
Auto Protection Plan Term and Servicing RequirementsThe conditions of the Contract commence on the Delivery Date and the benefits commence on the later to occur of either the Delivery Date or the expiry of the Dealership's Statutory Warranty provided with the Vehicle and, subject to your compliance with the conditions contained in this booklet, will continue until the expiry date or expiry kilometres shown on the Customer Contract Page in this booklet.
To avoid any misunderstanding, please read this carefully. Two important conditions of the Auto Protection Plan are:–
- You will enjoy the benefits of The Suttons Auto Protection Plan if the Vehicle is serviced by SUTTONS until the expiry of your plan. Upon commencement of the Suttons Auto Protection Plan, you can enjoy the Suttons six month or 10,000 km (whichever occurs first) Fixed Price Service Plan. It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure these services are performed and that the service details are recorded correctly on your Auto Protection Plan documents. Failure to do so will void the Auto Protection Plan without further notice. It is the responsibility of the Customer to check coolant and oil levels on a regular basis. Suttons will not be responsible for failure due to lack of appropriate oil or coolant.
- Your Vehicle MUST be returned to a Suttons service centre for servicing during the Term of the Contract (as defined on the Customer Contract Page). Other servicing will not be approved or recognised.
In simple terms, Suttons will repair or replace covered components, to the limits of the Auto Protection Plan, if you have the vehicle serviced ONLY by us.
We will agree to service your Vehicle under the Suttons six-monthly/10,000 km Fixed Price Service Plan at the price quoted on the Customer Contract Page.
- Oil change with quality brand motor oil
- Replace oil filter
- Check condition of automatic transmission fluid (where applicable)
- Lube all doors and locks as required
- Check and top up all fluid levels including battery, brake, power steering, radiator and windscreen washers
- Inspect engine belts (external only)
- Inspect condition and pressure of all tyres, including spare
- Inspect cooling system and check glycol concentrate
- Inspect complete exhaust system
- Check front and rear brake material and rotors for excessive wear
- Check operation of hand brake
- Test engine management system (if applicable)
- Check condition of air filter
- Check operation of all lights
- Check operation of all instruments
- Test wipers and inspect wiper blades
- Check air conditioning operation (where fitted)
- Check steering and all suspension components
- Complete visual inspection of under carriage
- Conduct road test
Total price including parts, oil & labour is shown on your Customer Contract Page.Servicing is necessary to maintain your Vehicle in good condition. You will be advised of any defect found. Any items covered by the Auto Protection Plan will be repaired at a mutually convenient time in accordance with the terms of the Plan.
In the event any additional work is required, we will refer any other required repairs or defects outside of this Auto Protection Plan, to you for your approval, prior to any work being commenced. If your vehicle requires synthetic or specialty oil, as specified by the manufacturer, additional charges may apply. Please note that whilst the Suttons Fixed Price Service Plan is intended to cover part of your Vehicle's regular servicing needs during its lifetime, it is NOT a substitute for the full Manufacturer's service requirements for your Vehicle.
In order to meet the Manufacturer's service requirements your Vehicle will require additional periodical maintenance on specific items from time to time. These will be at additional cost to you. For example, automatic transmission servicing, timing belt replacement, spark plugs, brake fluid or engine coolant replacement will be required at the Manufacturer's recommended intervals. For safety purposes, it is a requirement to have the brake fluid replaced every two years.
Our Auto Protection Plan is not an insurance policy. It is a contract between You and Suttons, designed to ensure that your Vehicle is maintained to a standard that will help protect You from costly repairs to defective parts.
The benefits of upgrading to the Premium Protection Plan are wide ranging. Below are just some of the great inclusions of the Premium Protection Plan.
- 3 Years after Dealership's Statutory Warranty
- $1,000 per claim
- $3,000 claims over term of contract
- Fixed Price Servicing
- Covers most major internally lubricated components of the vehicle, plus the engine management computer.
- 3 Years after Dealership's Statutory Warranty
- Fixed Price Servicing
- $2,000 per claim
- Unlimited claims over term of contract
- Covers a wider range of parts and components compared to Standard Protection Plan. This means more savings, a lower cost of ownership and peace of mind for you.
- Platinum National Roadside Assist
- Roadside Response 24/7 nationwide
- Towing Breakdown
- Car Hire & Accommodation
- Ambulance Cover
Differential & Drive Line
FUEL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
ELECTRONICS & ELECTRO-MECHANICAL
BODY & INTERIOR
What is not covered?
- Any failure caused by negligence, misuse or failure to perform required servicing, or any failure caused by the lack of proper and necessary maintenance. Any failure due to the lack of oil or coolant, excessive use of oil, overheating, fuel contamination or use of incorrect grade of fuel is not covered under this Contract.
- Any parts not listed under "PARTS COVERED" in this booklet, or which would normally be regarded as maintenance items, such as, but not limited to, brake pads, brake rotors, spark plugs, light bulbs, batteries, oils, filters, tyres, hoses, fan and timing belts, shock absorbers, struts, or any other component recommended by the Manufacturer for periodic replacement.
- Seals and gaskets.
- Any modifications made or any affected components on the Vehicle after the Date of Delivery from Suttons, unless fitted by Suttons, or with written approval for inclusion by Suttons.
- Failure caused by rust or corrosion of any kind.
- Any inherent faults or defective parts subject to recall by the Manufacturer, or any such parts recommended for replacement by the Manufacturer through inability to meet normal performance requirements.
- Any loss or damage caused by towing, collision, force impact, breakage of glass, missiles, falling objects, fire, theft or larceny, explosion, earthquake, windstorm, hail, water, flood, malicious mischief or vandalism, riot or civil commotion, lightning, nuclear contamination, freezing, smoke, or from any other cause whatsoever except as provided in this Contract.
- This Contract does not cover consequential damage to, or by, parts not listed under "PARTS COVERED" in this booklet.
- Any claims arising from the failure of any electronic device, computer software or computer hardware to function correctly as a consequence of date recognition.
- Any clutch components where the vehicle is four wheel drive or all wheel drive.
- All consumables, including but not limited to, oils, coolants, lubricants, additives, air conditioning gas, environmental and waste disposal charges.
- Nation free toll number — 1800 817 877
- With our reliable nationwide network NRA provides a high standard of fast, professional service. All service providers communicate via radio, satellite navigation or mobile phone, ensuring NRA's ability to monitor progress of individual callouts, and log successful completion of each job.
- Emergency assistance phone numbers call direct to NRA's central control room, not to an answering service.
- The member in distress is speaking direct to the controller who will dispatch the rescue vehicle.
- NRA's mapping program covers the whole of Australia, the individual member and closest service provider locations are quickly established. Generally, service is provided within 30 minutes to calls from metropolitan areas and major regional centres. Customers will be advised of any delays due to distance or prevailing conditions.
24 Hour Roadside Assistance Australia Wide Note
- Valid while you meet the conditions of your Auto Protection Plan
- Not Transferable
If you need roadside assistance simply phone 1800 817 877.
- If you lock your keys in your vehicle we will come out and unlock your vehicle#
- If you run out of petrol we will bring some out for you*
- If you get a flat tyre we will come out and fit your spare
- If your battery is flat we will come out and jump start your car
Towing BreakdownIf you break down, or your vehicle is unable to be safely driven, we will transport you back to the dealership where you bought your car within a 50km limit. Otherwise it will be taken to the nearest authorised service centre.
- Vehicle used for hire or reward
- Bogged vehicle which require specialist equipment for removal or are not within easy reach of a public thoroughfare
- Vehicles located of public roads (other than private residence)
- Vehicles that have been involved in an accident or collision
- Heavy vehicles over 205 tonnes gross
Limit of Cover
- Towing fee is free up to 50km, towing in excess of 50km will be charged at prevailing rates
- An excess may apply to areas that are more than 50km from nearest provider
Service NetworkAustralia Wide Assist's roadside assistance programs have comprehensive nationwide coverage with a network of professional service providers. To ensure customer satisfaction and quality service, the network is constantly being reviewed, upgraded and added to.
Our operators are equipped with a state of the art mapping system which manages the service provider network. When a call for assistance is received, the system enables the operator to locate and contact the nearest available service provider, despatch assistance and give an estimated time of arrival to the driver in need within minutes.
With over 1200 service providers in our network, on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week an Australia Wide Assist roadside assistance program can then deliver the peace of mind, quality service and value for money you require.